A typographic project looking at changing the existing comic sans typeface in order to make it more usable. My idea looked at having both a left and right handed version of the typeface, resulting in LH comic and RH comic. The project also asked to include the new typeface in either a type specimen poster or booklet, and I chose the latter. As my typeface has two versions, I decided to make two booklets, but joined them together with one opening at the front and the other at the back.
Typographic project looking at the use of type without using a computer. Based around Stefan Sagmeister’s ‘Things I have learned’ book and work, the idea for the project was to photograph handmade typography in an environment. For my text I chose to use the opening two lines of William Blake’s ‘The Tyger’, which I photographed and recorded over the space of four images. The materials that I used to make up the text ranged from string to pieces of wood.